So. Last week Dereck and I decided we were going to post each Friday on the same subject. Obviously, we are running late this week. It was Dereck’s turn to pick the subject and he picked our phones.
Be sure to check out his blog for his response, whenever he gets it up.
Since I already wrote a small ode to my new EVO, I thought I would gush about my favorite apps (so far).
Let me preface – my last phone couldn’t even access the marketplace so what is old news for you, is new for me. So bare with me!
1. Instagram – When I got my new phone, before we even left the Sprint store, I downloaded Instagram. I told Dereck this was going to be my first app and by golly, it was. I love it, the kids love it. We are always taking a picture and trying to find the best editing.
2. MyFitnessPal/FitBit – I put these two together because for me, they work together. It’s pretty convenient to log my food on my phone and then have it update on my FitBit profile, which actually counts my calories based on the activity from previous entries. Before I even had the FitBit though, I logged on MFP because it is so easy!! And I rarely had to add in my own foods (even the crazy bacon pineapple pizza we had once from Dominos).
3. TweetDeck – So, I have a confession. I am slightly addicted to social media. Twitter is part of that. TweetDeck keeps everything nice and updated and I don’t miss any important tweets. From what I am reading, everyone seems to have their favorite Twitter app. This one really works for me. (I just learned that this can be used on your computer too! Well – holy cow and call me crazy!)
4. Facebook – OF COURSE! ‘Nuff said.
5. Hypnosis apps – I know, I know. I have two of them. One is a British guy and the other isn’t. Both put me right to sleep. So even if the hypnosis doesn’t work with my overeating…..it sure does well putting me into a sweet REM sleep. I still haven’t heard the ending on either recording.
And last, but not least…
6. Shazam – If you are anything like me, you recognize a song but have no idea who sings it. Or you know who sings it but have no idea what the name of the song is. Shazam fixes that. Push a button and SHAZAM! You know who sings it, what the name of the album is, what the name of the song is. I use it as a list of things I need to have on my iPod. So even if I know who sings it, etc I hit the button so I can still have it listed and I don’t forget. Now, Dereck has something else (Soundhound) that also lists the lyrics AS IT’S BEING PLAYED! Now that is cool.
There you have it…..besides Angry Birds Space (which I truly love too) these are my most used apps on my brand new fancy phone.
So – what app do you use the most? Do you have any favorites that are not listed? Let me know so I can check them out…..I still have a ton of space to fill up. 🙂
Until next time…..